Saturday, November 26, 2011


She's Beautiful, she's amazing and she's my baby! 


She called me today, excited and talking 100mph, she leaves to start actual training tomorrow. For her the world is just opening up, a brand new place to explore and a chance to find out who she is.  For me, it's so bitter sweet.  I cry daily, sometimes several times a day. Everything I see reminds me of her and I can't just pick up the phone to call and chat.  I'm use to the barrage of text messages, the phone calls, the mommy do's.  I miss her so much my heart hurts and yet I am soooo proud of this beautiful child, this young woman.  
She is smart, funny, and has such a razor whit. I sit and listen as she cleans walls, talks to the other girls in her bay and talks to me too.  As you can imagine it's chaos, but I love it.  She tells me of the day to day stuff they have to do.  Of the girl who thinks she knows everything just because her husband is active duty.  She misses me, her dad and her boyfriend...pretty sure she's not up to missing her brother yet.  Most of all, she complains about her feet hurting and that her cap is to small.  I just want to hug her.
So, today I decided to make a scrapbook for her, some old photos along with some new ones. These will be included.  I found myself on Snapfish looking at the almost 200 photos I want to print and just bawling like a baby.  I don't know how to just get on with life without her day to day presence, but I do.  I'm proud of the woman that she is becoming and I'm proud to call her my baby girl.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment